We all have been advertising various companies for FREE !!

You have been advertising various companies for FREE !! Really ? Yes !!

It was recently when we were shopping at a known shopping mall in Bangalore. Since what am saying is a common practice, I wish not to name the shop. Getting back to incident. After picking all we needed, we reached the billing counter. It was around 2,300/- with many items. After the billing, the person at the counter asked if I wanted a carry bag. Since I had purchased a few items which were unplanned I realised I needed an extra bag and so I asked for one more carry bag. The person added another 10/- to the bill and handed me the carry bag with logo of brand printed all over the bag. I paid the extra amount along with bill and I further roamed around streets of Jayanagar for few hours with the carry bags.

                     Pic Credit : DynaCorp

As I was driving back home, I realised that I had done some free advertising of brand in streets of Jayanagar having paid 10/-. Usually isn't it the other way ?

The point is not on the additional charge, we agree to pay additional charge, but if they do not brand these carry bags. But if they brand these carry bags with their logos, we are FREE advertisers for these companies.

Just imagine in busy streets of Jayanagar with too many people walking around I was advertising this company for hours carrying their carry bag around. Also do you know these companies also make small amount of profits from these indirect incomes which are off-set on some product to offer discounts.

"My thoughts". Do share your thoughts. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visting Card !! Job Title vs Designation ??

The 3 Monkeys of Communication !

4 Ways of saying "NO" for organization and career growth !!