Invest on Product first and then into Marketing !!

In an era of digital marketing, here was an incident which I came across when I was strolling through the busy streets of Bangalore.

A Young Boy probably in his early 20's approached me with a bunch of pamphlets and handed me one. The boy looked well dressed and wore latest fashion.

"Sir, we have a new photo studio with the latest technology and amazing Service".

This was really not the need and I informed him of my dis-interest. But he pleaded hard and infact gave away that on sending X no. of customer he would be getting Y% of incentive and he was in extreme need of money. Still not interested, but also not trying to make him feel dejected again I agreed to go upstairs to studio and have a look. But I had a pre-set mind not to be lured, because I didn't have a need.

As I reached  photo studio I was amazed with the studio and the photos they had taken. I spent nearly 30 mins in studio appreciating each photo and also ended up getting a photo done from them.
As I look back into what had happened, I wondered that it was out of Sympathy that I had decided to have a look into studio, but it was their excellent product that had compelled me to use it and be their customer. They had created a need.

Moral : 

No matter what approach of Marketing you take, you have to make the best products / best service to retain and get new customers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visting Card !! Job Title vs Designation ??

The 3 Monkeys of Communication !

4 Ways of saying "NO" for organization and career growth !!